linky do's!

Saturday, March 9, 2019

Everyone else is doing it, why can’t I?

Oh, hi. Long time no write.

This year for Lent I decided to give up social media, primarily Facebook and Twitter. I’ve noticed that after being on both platforms, I always felt like crap. Politics depresses me; so much clickbait on FB (my fault for liking so many things) and all the “I’m on vacation! My kid did this! I’m awesome!”  posts made me feel worse about myself as a parent and a person. So. I decided to step away for 40 days and use the time for other things. Knitting. Reading. Cleaning the house and Kon Mari-ing (cringing as I write that last one). So far I’ve been FB and Twitter free for 4 days, and I’m doing ok. Lots of people don’t do social media, so I should be ok.

A lot has happened since I’ve written here. Some good stuff. Some really good stuff. Some crappy stuff. Some unbelievably awful stuff. Since I used FB and Twitter as places to vent, I thought I’d zombify my blog and start writing again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Questions? Feel free drop me a line!