linky do's!

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

verbal assault at target...MYFB

dear lady in black sucking on a starbucks at the target entrance,

i realize that you prolly thought you were helping me, but you weren't. not only did you undermine my authority as a parent, but succeeded in making me feel like the shittiest mother in the world, all in the space of 30 seconds.

first of all, i do not allow my child to sit on the underside of the shopping cart. first of all, he is too big. second of all, it is dangerous. third of all, he knows better. so i really didn't appreciate you telling me to get my kid from under the cart, becos "people have gotten their fingers caught in the holes, and someone got their foot caught under the cart." people who have done these things obviously deserve darwin awards and if target is so concerned about their dangerous carts, then maybe they should redesign them. lastly, i promise i won't sue target if my precious child does get injured with a cart. god forbid, it is my fault.

secondly, i was taking care if the cart situation. i was one second away from saying "GET OUT FROM UNDER THE CART, YOU KNOW BETTER." by you correcting me, not only did you undermine my authority, but made me look like i couldn't discipline my own child. next time, MYFB.

third, that brown smudge on my child's face? chocolate. i left him eat a donut that i got him at giant. i'm sorry if it's not an organic donut or a piece of fruit or something, but my child was hungry (i know, my fault for leaving the house without him eating a proper nutritious breakfast) but a donut's better than nothing right? and oh yes, bad mommy for taking him into a public establishment with a dirty face. if you bothered to look at him, he was pretty clean and had clean clothing on. at least the chocolate coordinated with his brown sweats.

fourth, you want to know the reason why he's not in school? becos he's in PRESCHOOL. and becos of the state age cutoff, he can't go to public school becos he was born 28 days too late. not that it matters. suppose i home school my child? i could have been taking him on an educational field trip. he points out colors, numbers, words. shopping can be an educational experience. i've even taking my child shopping when he is sick, becos i don't have a nanny or babysitter to take care of him when i have to get medicine for him. so before you shoot off your fat mouth at someone as to why their child is not in school, consider the fact that maybe the child isn't old enough for school, or just may be home schooled and running errands/on a shopping field trip or perhaps even sick and the parent doesn't have someone to watch him while they get medicine.

so thanks starbucks lady, for making feel like the shittiest person in the world at 9:15 in the morning. i went from having a good morning with my son to feeling like a dirt bag in 30 seconds, compliments of you. i hope your karma gets you.

fat cow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Questions? Feel free drop me a line!