linky do's!

Thursday, December 22, 2011

hat help

i think it's safe to say to i can't knit a decent hat to save my soul.  to wit:



me modeling my hat with migraine face:



raveled...or rather unraveled becos i frogged this sucker.  knit up on size 6 needles, i cast on 104 stitches, increased to 156.  i made the ribbed brim 3 inches instead of 2.5, and knitted the body for 5 instead of 4.5 inches.  the numbers were for a adult medium, becos i thought a child/small adult would be too small.  apparently i have a child sized head and should really be that size.  (and no, i didn't do a gauge swatch, cos i'm lazy like that).

for my next go around, i'm casting on 84 stitches and ribbing on size 4s, then knitting the body on a 6.  does that sound like a plan?  i want my hat to cover my ears and be a little slouchy but not sloppy.

i ask - how do i knit a hat that fits and looks good?  (and yes, i realize i should swatch.  that ship sailed.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Questions? Feel free drop me a line!