linky do's!

Saturday, February 16, 2013

burberry inspired cowl

i needed a quick project to kickstart my knitting, which has been in the doldrums for weeks.  i found this pattern on ravelry and it was just what i needed.

the burberry inspired cowl.  it's a quick knit and the pattern is easy to remember.
Untitled

the yarn was itchy when i tried it on (it's alpaca fiber) and even after a soak and slight block, i can't stand wearing it.  i think it will look nice on dad anyway - i'll give it to him.

the cable is an 8 stitch pattern.  i took my project to my hairdresser but forgot my cable needle.  she had some coffee stirrers and i snitched one.  worked like a charm!

Untitled
Untitled

i definitely want to make another cowl, preferably in a yarn that's not itchy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Questions? Feel free drop me a line!