linky do's!

Sunday, March 17, 2013

shamrock hat

i needed a pick me up knit, and found the ireland rugby hat.  it had a shamrock color work pattern, but the pattern seemed pretty straight forward, so i dove in.

crappy picture, but the main color is patons classic wool in emerald, with winter white and peacock as the contrasting colors.
Untitled Untitled

my project notes are here.  i modified the project as i knitted the brim on size 4 needles and the body on 5s.  i really wish i knitted the colorwork section on a bigger needle, as my tension was tight, and that section is tighter than the rest of the hat.

i also marked off the color work section with stitch markers, so it would be easy to keep track of the pattern stitches.

the hat is ridiculously easy to knit up, and the colorwork chart is very easy to follow.  this hat would make a good first project for a newbie colorwork knitter.

the hat is a beanie style, but my hat wound up a bit longer, making a more slouchy hat, which i really like.
Untitled

i have no idear why i look so grumpy here.  and check out my wonky eyebrow!
Untitled

my hat has been out and about over the past couple of weeks, becos i fear that by saint patrick's day, it won't be cold enough to wear a hat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Questions? Feel free drop me a line!