linky do's!

Sunday, October 11, 2009

the older she gets, the bitchier she gets

i've been tweaking my blog for the past day or so. trying out different layouts and colors and styles is fun. i wish i could move some of my info from the right side to the left. VH's blog is like that and i like the design.

i've toyed with swapping out lady elaine's picture with one of me, but i'm leery of putting me on my blog. never mind my mug is in different pics on ravelry. i guess i like hiding my identity in that way. and lady elaine is a little like my alter ego.

i've had that picture of lady elaine for several years now. it was an avatar on another blog many moons ago and i just kept it. i loved mister rogers and got a kick out of how black her nose got over the years. by the end of the series, her nose looked like it was burned. i don't know if it was dirt or the paint oxidized or what, but her nose is pretty gnarly.



fall is in full swing and i'm so enjoying the changing of the leaves. the tree across the street from my house has such pretty red-tinged leaves. the tree up the hill is slowly turning red too. the tree down at the parish hall has beautiful red and orange leaves. when i was growing up, the maples on our property never turned red or orange - they were always yellow. not that there's anything wrong with that. but i always liked red or orange leaves. nature's redheads, for sure.


we went to a pumpkin patch after church to pick up some pumpkins. the boy picked his jack o'lantern and i picked up some small squashes and pumpkins. i still want to find a peanut pumpkin and a couple other ones at baileys, maybe i'll go on wednesday and splurge. next to christmas i love decorating for fall and halloween. last year i had tons of pumpkins and gourds and had all my halloween goodies inside. this year it's taken me until yesterday to put out halloween things, and it really was the bare minimum.

i bought this witch candle from the vermont country store. for the past few years i've bought vintage looking holiday candles from there, and i have some cute ones for halloween, christmas and thanksgiving. i remember seeing these candles when i was a little girl in kindergarten.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Questions? Feel free drop me a line!