linky do's!

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

my kick ass red mitties

my mitties are done!

Photo on 2011-01-19 at 11.21 #3


my basic mitten pattern from knit simple knitting workshops, i knit my mitties with queensland collection leche in red and mint, on size 5 needles.  it's a pretty quick knit.  it's a nice mitten for NaKniMitMo.







i duplicate stitched the snowflake design on the back of the mittens, per the chart in the pattern.  i really wish i could have charted it instead and knit the design as intarsia.  it's easy to do duplicate stitch on a flat piece - it's a bit of a PITA in a small enclosed tube.


i'm a happy girl.  :)

Photo on 2011-01-19 at 11.21


on a sad note, i saw that bev galeskas passed away over the holidays, from cancer.  she was a wonderful knit designer - i made many of her felted bags.  a sad loss to the fiber arts community.

1 comment:

  1. So the mittens are fabulous! I love them! WOW - what a lot of blog posts......reading to catch up with everything!

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Questions? Feel free drop me a line!