linky do's!

Thursday, February 10, 2011

a birthday shout out

i normally don't post birthday wishes here unless you are related to me, but this one has an indirect connection to my blog.

one of my favorite teachers in high school was miss s.  she was my tenth grade english teacher, a tough but fair teacher, "old school".  hers was one of the very few (non math) classes where i had to work my butt off for the grades i earned.

tenth grade was the year we studied verb tenses.  you know, past, present, future.  i bet if i dig around in my old school things i might find my old verb notes.

why this pertains to my blog, is that every time i write a sentence, and i reread it, i always ask myself, did i write my sentence correct?  is that the right verb?  is it the correct tense?


over 20 years later, i still remember those lessons.  who says you don't use what you learned in high school?

happy "29th" birthday, miss s!  thank you for teaching me!

2 comments:

  1. I find that once in a while, you get a teacher that really manages to teach you. I had a teacher in the 8th grade that taught us to do research papers, and I still use the method he taught - it is, by far, the best way to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She was definitely the best, wasn't she?? Tough, but fair.

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Questions? Feel free drop me a line!