linky do's!

Monday, December 19, 2011

holiday knitting

found this post buried in my drafts folder.  enjoy!

after getting a nudge gentle reminder that christmas is coming and that i have a ton of things to knit up before then, i decided i needed something simple and quick to knit.

this is one row lace scarf (rav linky) using artyarns mohair splash.  i wanted to make my mom a scarf with this yarn but couldn't decide on a lacy pattern.  i was going to do feather and fan, but it felt complicated.  f&f isn't complicated but my brain just needed something easy to knit.  this pattern fit the bill, and i'm really happy about how the scarf is shaping up.



the yarn has clusters of beads at different intervals.  i'm not sure f&f would have been appropriate becos the clusters are short in length.  held sideways, the scarf looks like a music staff;  the clusters of beads the notes.  perfect for my musical mom.



i knock off about a foot a day.  nice speedy knitting for me!

two months later...

linky becos i finished it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Questions? Feel free drop me a line!