linky do's!

Sunday, January 22, 2012

church bags!

i made the kids new tote bags for church!


found this pattern online, it seemed simple enough.  it took me about 4 hours to make all three (cutting out the pieces, ironing the straps, sewing them up).  the bag is lined and the bottom of the bag is stitched to make it lay flat - two new sewing skills for me!

the kiddos loved their new bags.  petunia stuffed hers full of play food and books (i think my reusable shopping bags rubbed off on her).  freddie's lay on the floor.  the boy liked his and told me that he liked when i made him things.

the bags are big enough for their activity kits, a snack and a bottle.

my next project - reusable snack pouches.  all i need is nylon material for the lining.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Questions? Feel free drop me a line!