linky do's!

Sunday, June 3, 2012

FO - sweet william

i finished my shawl for my upcoming reunion.  rav details are here, but this is all you really need to know.

pattern is diantha, medium size.  knit with verdant gryphon traveller in fields of sweet william, i used a US size 10 needle and crochet hook for the crochet cast-on (i used my favorite crochet hook; it's now MIA and after digging around my love seat for it, i fear that it was accidentally thrown away by one of my "helpful" kiddos).  the shawl was knit with a US size 7 needle.

i cruised through the lace section and short rows, and probably could have completed the shawl in 2 weeks instead of 4 (i had a little bit of mojo issues as usual).  becos i used a dk weight yarn instead of fingering, the shawl is a little bit bigger than my original dianthus.

i couldn't take a good picture that accurately shows the colors of the shawl.  it's fuchsia with a touch of purple.

lace section - done!
Untitled

short rows in glaring neon - done!
Untitled

some day i'll have ample space (and more blocking boards) to do a good blocking...
Untitled Untitled

arty nature shot (wrong side of the shawl facing - i have no idear how i missed this...)
Untitled

still wrong sided...
Untitled

fixed!
Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled

i love how the pink pops on my chartreuse bush...
Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled

i adore working with VG traveller - loved knitting with it;  it blocked out to amazing proportions, and feels wonderful wrapped around my shoulders.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Questions? Feel free drop me a line!