linky do's!

Saturday, August 11, 2012

rub a dub scrub

i threw away a couple dishrags becos they were shredded or otherwise just gross (no matter how much i washed them!)  while waiting for the stephen west mystery shawl KAL, i decided to knock off a dishrag and scrubby.
Untitled

basic dishcloth (knit 2, YO, knit to last 2, YO, knit 2).  don't remember the yarn, probably sugar and cream in pink, orange and white.  the fabric it created is soft as the dickens.
Untitled

i started this scrubby months ago (seems to me i cast on during an episode of who do you think you are?).  it's crocheted!  i've long admired crocheted mesh scrubbies and i bought 2 fruit shaped ones last winter and thought i'd try my hand at crocheting a scrubby.  i used my favorite crochet hook and chained twenty stitches.  i think i tried to do single crochet - i don't think i did that well.  the scrubby languished for several months until i found it in the kitchen and decided once and for all to finish it off.

(also, i found my missing crochet hook!  you would have thought i lost my right arm when i realized i couldn't find my favorite crochet hook!  mystery solved!)
Untitled

oh well, it doesn't matter what it looks like, when it's scrubbing cooked on food in a pot.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Questions? Feel free drop me a line!