linky do's!

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

zuzu's petals

i finished my first FO of the year.  this is zuzu's petals.

Untitled
Untitled


i wanted a cowl to wear with the new coat my mom got me for christmas.  i've been wanting to knit ZP for ages and thought it would be perfect.

knit on a size 8 cir, the yarn is malabrigo rios in arco iris.  i thought the colors would go well with the dark teal coat. (sorry, it looks peacock blue here)

Untitled

then - surprise! - my gram gave me a beautiful deep plum wool swing coat for christmas too.  i think ZP is perfect for this coat too!  the bright colors really pop against the dark coat.
Untitled

i made an inadvertent mod to this pattern.  i followed the chart and accidentally switched the ssk and k2tog stitches in the pattern.  i swear i checked and double checked the symbols too!  it wasn't until i got to row 36 (of the 42 row chart) that i was completely wrong.  DERP.  oh well.  it's a design feature, right?  and the lace pattern didn't look too bad either.

i'll knit zuzu's petals again, with a tonal yarn instead of a variegated one.  the lace pattern got a bit lost with this one.

this cowl is really cozy and warm!  it's definitely one of my favorites!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Questions? Feel free drop me a line!